Selecting a Renovation Contractor
Finding a dependable, experienced contractor is the key to a successful renovation. Pool owners whom have had a pool renovation done are often the best source of advice when trying to select a pool renovation contractor.
When obtaining estimates ask the following of the contractor:
- Do you have completed renovation projects that I can see?
- Can you get me a list of referrals?
- What type and length of warranty will you provide?
- What is not covered under the warranty?
- Can you provide a copy of your liability insurance?
(this will help protect you from liability in case your property is damaged)
- Can you provide a copy of your and worker’s compensation insurance?
(this will help protect you in case of a worker gets injured while performing your renovation)
- Who will supervise the job?
- How long will the project take?
- Who is responsible for cleaning up after the project is complete?
If you are considering renovating your swimming pool, give us a call at (940)387-7521 and we will provide a free onsite consultation and proposal.
Next week’s article: How to Finance a Pool Renovation Project