What Pool Owners Should Do After A Rainstorm
Heavy rain can expose problems such as poor drainage and can create problems such as debris in the pool and water chemistry issues.
It is important to do the following after a heavy rain:
- Determine if drainage problems exist which can be corrected.
- Remove debris from the skimmer baskets.
- Skim debris off of the surface of the pool.
- Vacuum the pool as necessary.
- Check water chemistry and be sure that the pH is in the proper range.
- Superchlorinate according to label directions.
- Consider operating the pump and automatic cleaner for an extended period of time to help clean up the pool.
- Check the water chemistry the day after the storm and adjust as necessary.
- If problems still exist, call Gohlke Pools at (940)387-7521 or bring a sample of your water into our retail store for a complete analysis.