Thank you for your interest in owning a swimming pool from Gohlke Custom Pools. We are very interested in designing a high quality swimming pool that will provide many years of service for you and your family. We have designed award-winning swimming pools in the Denton area for over 50 years.
When making an investment of this size, it is critical that the design consultant working with you understands your needs. This is something that you should not rush. Please take your time in choosing your pool and in selecting your pool builder in the same way that you would select a homebuilder – call references and look at swimming pools. Your swimming pool will be with you as long as you live in your house – you cannot trade it in like you can an automobile.
Watch This Video to Begin
the Pool Planning Process
A Pool that is Best Suited for Your Needs
In an effort to design the swimming, it is suggested that you do the following prior to having our design consultant meet with you.
- See our New Pools Planning Kit This contains information that will answer many questions and makes the process go smoother.
- Get a copy of your plot plan (also called survey plan) – This will show all easements and setbacks, which will prevent any surprises later on.
- Discuss the project with your family – It is important that the pool meets your particular needs. Such things as the following should be discussed.
- A. Pool placement
- B. Game pool or diving pool
- C. Pool only or pool with spa
- D. Traditional look or tropical look
- E. Decorative water features
- F. Patio area for table and lounge chairs
- Determine a budget you would like to stay within – Pools vary in prices from $50,000 & up depending on size and upgrade options available.
- Begin the financing process –Once you have decided that you are getting a pool, it is time to begin the process of obtaining financing for your swimming pool project. Few people are in a financial position to pay for a swimming pool without borrowing money. Therefore, financing (or borrowing money) is by far the most popular method of purchasing a swimming pool. We suggest working with your banker and if that doesn’t work out, Denton is blessed with fine lending institutions that are able to provide assistance and advice when it comes to pool financing.
- Click Here to Schedule a Consultation
See our New Pools Planning Kit
More Helpful Information
Considering a Swimming Pool
Creating a Backyard Oasis
Determining the Size, Depth, and Location of a Swimming Pool
Selecting a Swimming Pool Builder
Swimming Pool Financing
The Most Common New Pool Questions
Types of Swimming Pools
Pool Safety Devices
Pool Safety for Children & Pets
Time for Swimming Lessons
Party Ideas & Pool Games
Classes Available at Gohlke Pools
Denton’s Pool History
Heating Your Swimming Pool
Winter Pool Options
Winterizing Your Pool